So many people help to make this event happen!
The Suva Marathon Club would like to say a big vinaka vakalevu to:-
- Our major sponsor Island Chill and the wider Carpenters Group
- Carpenters Motors for their amazing giveaway!
- Associate sponsors BSP, Munro Leys, Vodafone and Fulton Hogan Highways
- The Fiji Police and Suva City Council
- Athletics Fiji and FASANOC
- Volunteer First Responders and Suva Physio for medical support
- Cycling Fiji and the Burning Rock Tricycling Club for providing lead cyclists
- Media partners, FBC and the Fiji Times
- Photographers from N Studios and Grahame Stageman photography
- Our Charity Partners Save the Children and WOWS Kids Fiji
- All those that provided additional prizes for the event – Leleuvia Island Resort, Rivers Fiji, Namosi Eco Retreat, Suva Scuba Club and Takalana
- Pacific Island Represent who volunteered to sort and manage waste
- All those that we sourced support, t-shirts, fruit, bu, medals, tanoas, artwork and printing services from! There are too many of you to mention!
- All residents of Queen Elizabeth Drive for your understanding!
- All businesses that were affected by the road closure Ginger Café, Paradiso Restaurant, thank you for your patience.
- And last but not least all of you that braved the rain and turned out in numbers!
Don’t stop now! Join the Suva Marathon Club every Thursday from the Bowling Club at 5pm for a 5.15pm start – 3km, 5km and 7km. Beginners welcome.
And register early for the Island Chill Suva Marathon 2019! Registrations open in January 🙂