The following temporary and intermittent road closures will be in place to accommodate the Suva Marathon and Fun Run and have been authorized by permits from Fiji Roads Authority and Fiji Police.
6:00pm Friday 20 July to 12:00pm Sat 21 Jul
- Full Closure of Cakobau Rd between Queen Elizabeth Drive and Gladstone Rd
Sat 21 July – 4:00am – 12:00noon
- Full road closure of Queen Elizabeth Drive, from Suva Bowling Club to opposite Muanikau Police Post, before Muanikau Rd
- Half road closure of Gladstone Rd
- Half road closure of Constitution Rd
- Closure of parking and taxi rank lane along Victoria Parade in front of GPH.
- Full road closure of left carriageway of Vuya Rd from Queen Elizabeth Drive to Battery Rd. Access to Suva Grammar School will be via right carriageway which will be 2 way.
Traffic cones, signage and barriers will be in place. The travelling public is requested to obey the directions of Fiji Police and Fulton Hogan Hiways marshals and to take alternative routes for the duration of the road closure.
Suva Marathon Club apologises for any inconvenience caused and invites all members of the public to support the runners along the route