Come along to run this Saturday morning’s EU Fun Run this weekend on July 2nd 2016!
For any afternoon runners wanting to reset their running body clocks to a morning run, we’ll see you at the Suva Bowling Club at 7.00am for a 7.30am start for you 10km runners!
- 10km race 7.00am registration for a 7.30am start
- 5km race 7.15am registration for a 7.45am start
EU Fun Run
Building on the success of the Europe Day celebrations since May 9th 2016, the European Union in the Pacific are concluding their series of events with an EU Fun Run on the 2nd of July.
This event, organized in partnership with Suva Marathon Club, is the occasion for you to get involved and share common values on healthy living and fighting Non Communicable Diseases.
And, of course, this is also an occasion to train for the 2016 Island Chill Suva Marathon on the 23rd of July 2016.
We therefore invite you all to run with us along the Suva Seawall for a 5km or 10 km Fun Run, as an individual or in a team.
Yes, the ambassador Andrew Jacobs will run the 10k!
After the race, we look forward to see you join us for a breakfast at Paradiso restaurant which will have special breakfast and special rate for the Fun Run participants.
To register to this event send an email to [email protected] indicating names and email addresses of runners, whether you want to run as an individual or in a team and get involved in the 5km or 10km run.
The countdown has begun so lace up your shoes and get ready for the 2016 EU Fun Run.
We’ll have set up an official start line, and launch off up the road and turn right round the taxi stand to run along Suva Seawall walk way. The handy markers make it easy to pace, and we’ll be doing real timing trials for everyone.
- Date: Saturday 2nd July 2016
- Starting point : End of road at Suva Bowling Club
- Registration starts: 7.00am
- 10 km Race Start: 7.30am
- 5km Race Start: 7.45am
- Distance: 5km and 10km
Prizes to win at this Saturday’s EU Fun Run
As prizes we’ve got 4 Fijians plates in wood with a metal tag written on each:
- European Union 2016 Fun Run 1st Female 10k
- European Union 2016 Fun Run 1st Female 5k
- European Union 2016 Fun Run 1st Male 10k
- European Union 2016 Fun Run 1st Male 5k
Saturday Run – July 2nd 2016
The EU Delegation for the Pacific covers Cook Islands, the Kingdom of Tonga, Kiribati, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Republic of the Marshall Islands and Tuvalu; as well as the four Overseas Countries and Territories of New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna, French Polynesia and Pitcairn.
EU Delegation for the Pacific Mission
Within the remit of the Treaties the European Union Delegation for the Pacific:
- Represents the European Union in the Pacific region;
- Promotes and defends the values and interests of the European Union and its Member States across the Pacific region;
- Furthers EU-Pacific relations, bilaterally and regionally;
- Prepares and oversees the implementation of development cooperation in the Pacific region;
- Ensures effective policy coordination with Member States of the European Union present in the region;
- Keeps European Union Headquarters informed of developments in the Pacific relevant to EU policies;
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of Pacific countries in the European Union and vice versa.
Marathon Registration Ends on Friday 15th July 2016
And remember, you only have 2 more weeks to register for the 2016 Island Chill Suva Marathon!
See you on the seawall!