The popularity of Social Media, and impact of internet and electronic “social networking,” has advanced significantly in recent years.
Examples of social media and social networking include, but are not limited to, the use of Facebook, Instagram, Strava, YouTube or Twitter.
While social media usage is a valuable tool; and use by Suva Marathon Club (SMC) members is encouraged to show the passion, character, and individuality of our members; it comes with certain responsibility.
The following are guidelines for social media activity by for SMC athletes and volunteers:
- Always think before you post and be mindful you are a representative of Suva Marathon Club while at races, volunteering, and even your online profile wearing SMC Team gear.
- Always be polite and respectful of others, whether in person or online, and show respect for other individuals’ opinions, even when they don’t align with your own.
- Use appropriate language, conducting yourself with honesty, integrity, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Never deal with a disagreement between teammates, or other athletes, through social media.
- Use of the Suva Marathon Club social media sites is encouraged for the promotion of running, racing and an active lifestyle. Its use is for general communication and exposure of the store; store events & products; racing team; and racing team events & accomplishments.
- The Suva Marathon Club social media sites should not be used for self-promotion of personal issues or other businesses without prior consent.
- Leave coaching to the coach … Please refrain from posting coaching advice, techniques, or plans unless you are the coach or have reviewed the information with the coach. Not all advice is good advice, for each individual athlete.
Responsible use of social media is a consideration of your acceptance as a member of Suva Marathon Club.
#SuvaMarathonClub #readyforachallenge #suvamarathon #runFIJI #Suva10k #SuvaChallenge
- Approved : March 5, 2016
- Revision #1 : 8 November 2018
- Revision #2 : 12 November 2019
- Revision #3 : 7 March 2020
- Approved by SMC Management Board, 7 March 2020